25 Feb Content Marketing – What, Why, Who and Where?
From YMG – Digital Marketing Experts in Chelmsford, Essex.
Gone are the days of salesmen knocking on your door asking if you want to buy whatever it is they’re selling. Well, that is unless you’re me. And if you’re reading this, salesman, please know that I don’t want or need double glazing for my house.
Content marketing is a brilliant way of giving back to your target audience, whilst also advertising at the same time.
What Exactly Is Content Marketing?
Fed up of your marketing campaigns failing? Then let your content do the marketing for you.
Content marketing is a way of advertising through education or entertainment – rather than hard selling. There are many different examples of content marketing. Some examples of content marketing include:
- Case Studies
- White Papers
Content marketing is becoming an increasingly important technique for many businesses. People buy from people, not robots. Rarely do leads buy out of the blue with a company they know nothing about and don’t trust. Equally, as soon as customers have doubts about a business or service, they will become hesitant in committing to a sale.
By using various content marketing techniques, both regular and new customers are exposed to your business. Seeing that you’re willing to put time and resources into something free to access online and is helpful or interesting to them builds trust. Ultimately, this trust converts into sales.
Why Use Content Marketing?
Publishing free content online such as blogs and videos will build trust over time with your regular and potential customers. But is that it? You’re supposed to apply time and resources into something that may only build trust?
The short answer – no.
Content marketing does so much more than begin building trust between you and potential customers.
Some of The Benefits of Content Marketing Include:
- Internal links – Links between your blogs and your website will attract traffic to your website. But more importantly, having many internal links to your website will help boost its search ranking result.
- External Backlinks – If your content is good enough, it will likely become referenced and linked on other articles and sites. To increase the chances of this happening, you’re going to want to hire a content marketing agency.
- Industry Leader – Being able to create informative and engaging content shows a high level of knowledge in your industry. Setting you apart from the competition. Customers will remember this when it comes to deciding who to buy from.
- Brand Awareness – People may discover your content before they realise they need your product or service. This means that when they do need your product or service, your business has already been exposed to them.
- SEO – The better the quality of your content, the more visits they will get. The more visits they get, the more trusted search engines believe they are. The more trusted search engines believe a website is, the higher it will rank. And of course, assuming your blog is internally linked to your business site, this means more traffic to your site.
Who Can Create Content Marketing Campaigns?
Regardless of industry, size, or location, any business can benefit from content marketing. In theory, anybody can create and provide content marketing. But finding the time to regularly create, let alone ensure it’s of the highest quality, can be difficult. Therefore, it’s advised to speak to a content marketing agency.
What Type of Content Marketing Agency Do I Need?
There are plenty of agencies out there that can provide your business with the content marketing it needs. Many can provide the service online without you having to leave your chair.
However, for the best results, you’ll want a content marketing agency that goes above and beyond. An agency that creates bespoke content that boosts your SEO, delights your potential leads and provides results.
To speak to a content marketing agency that creates bespoke content tailor-made for your industry and business, contact us today.
To those of you that have made it this far and are still wondering, yes, this is a piece of content marketing.
YMG are a full-service digital marketing agency based in Chelmsford, Essex, and home of the Jargon Buster series, helping business owners to understand the technical terms of digital marketing.